5 Best Makhana in India 2021
Makhana is a juicy, light, crunchy, and refreshing Indian snack. It is eaten across India and Pakistan, though it originated in the region around Bengal. It is mostly used as an ingredient in desserts but can also be made into chips. In North America and Europe, it is best known for its use in kulfi ice cream. In this post, we will know about the 5 Best Makhana in India 2021.
These are traditionally eaten with a sweetened condensed milk sauce called Mango Shorba. The Indian dessert of Kheer can also be used to accompany Makhana. It differs from black or brown makhanas in color and shape and can be eaten raw without additional preparation.
1. Amazon Brand – Vedaka Fox Nuts (Phool Makhana) 100g
- Vedaka fox nuts are hygienically packed in a haccp certified unit (a gfsi recognized certification programme)
- fox nuts are sorted to deliver consistent quality through the year
- Our fox nuts undergo lab tests to maintain high quality in line with fssai norms
- No artificial flavours. No preservatives
- Packaging designed to retain the goodness
- All Vedaka products are hygienically packed and undergo rigorous and stringent laboratory tests to meet food safety norms.
2. More Choice Lotus Seeds (Makhana), 100g
- Good source of calcium and protein
- Transfat free
- Zero Cholesterol
- Deliciousness in every bite
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Fox nuts are lotus flower’s seed. They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs.
- Makhanas are gluten-free, protein rich and high in carbohydrates. They are low in calories, making them an ideal snack for weight loss.
- The beauty of these seeds is in their versatility. You can roast the seeds or fry them in a little ghee wherein they pop and resemble popcorn. These puffed seeds can be tossed with some black salt and had as a snack.
3. SFT Fox Nut (Phool Makhana) Lotus Seed 1 Kg
- SFT products are procured directly from growers and are processed and packed in our hygienic processing plant to retain their natural freshness, aroma and the original nutrients.
- Makhanas, also called fox nuts, or lotus seeds, come from a plant called Euryale Fox which grows in the stagnant water of wetlands or ponds in Eastern Asia. They have been used in Chinese medicine since 3000 years and find an important place in the science of Ayurveda too.
- Phool Makhana also finds significance in religious ceremonies in India and is a popular ‘fasting’ dish prepared during Navratri and other occasions.
- They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs.
- Popular as a fasting food, its health benefits are superior to those of dry fruits such as almonds and walnuts. Some of the health benefits of makhana are: It’s a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre,magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss.
- Size:1 kg sft believes that our reputation must be based on the quality of our products. We have travelled across the country to handpick the finest quality products at the best possible rates. Sft have been in the market for the past 22 years and we have tied up with all major offline retail majors.
- Our products are subjected to rigorous quality control procedures throughout the procurement and packaging processes.
- It is our constant endeavor to provide widest possible range to consumer and now have an ever expanding range of selections across dry fruits, spices and nuts. We maintain great taste and guaranteed quality throughout the year and our products are sure to be your new favorites after your first purchase.
- Sft machine popular as a fasting food, its health benefits are superior to those of dry fruits such as almonds and walnuts. Some of the health benefits of machine are: It’s a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss. Maximum Shelf Life: 180 days.
4. UpCrop Premium Makhana Bag, 200 g
- Protein rich
- Packed in box shaped – monocartons
- No artificial flavours. No preservatives
- High in nutrients- Makhanas are rich in nutrient and thus considered food of the yogis
- Premium makhana
- Net Weight: 200g
- UpCrop premium makhana net weight-200g packed in box shaped – monocartons no artificial flavours. No preservatives high in nutrients- Makhanas are rich in nutrient and thus considered food of the yogis.
5. Nutrilin Jumbo Handpicked Lotus Seeds / Fox Nuts Big Size Phool Makhana (Pop / Gorgon Nut Puffed Kernels ) (1kg)
- Phool makhana are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs.
- Phool makhana are beneficial to those suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity due to their high magnesium and low sodium content.
- Makhanas are recommended for diabetics too due to their low hypoglycemic index.
- Nutrilin – Groceries for the changing world
- Makhanas are also known as fox nuts, Euryale Ferox, lotus seeds, gorgon nuts and Phool makhana. These seeds are often used in quite a few Indian sweets and savories like kheer, raita or makhana curry, and are also eaten as an evening tea-time snack.
These are the 5 Best Makhana in India 2021. Provide your feedback.